Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Oregon

May 29th recorded a foreign Judgment in Oregon. Due to bad advice from the clerk, the rate used to calculate pre & post Jgmt interest was incorrect. August 8th Judge signed a Corrected General Judgment on my "Motion to Correct Clerical Error"...

I am preparing a wage garnishment and my question is; Which date do I use to start calculating post interest from, The recent date of corrected judgment (August 8th) or can I start from the date the judgment was first domesticated (May 29th)?

Daniel Meek Daniel W. Meek

The date of the corrected judgment. See Oregon law:

ORS 24.140 Interest and costs. When a registered foreign judgment becomes a final judgment of this state, the court shall include as part of the judgment interest payable on the foreign judgment under the law of the state in which it was rendered, and the cost of obtaining the authenticated copy of the original judgment. The court shall include as part of its judgment court costs incidental to the proceeding in accordance with the law of this state and the costs of recording documents as permitted by statute. [1955 c.647 14; 1987 c.586 16]

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Oregon

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms