Oregon  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/28/04, 9:34 am

water main from home not connected to city line

I recently purchased my home for sale by owner, Actually, it was

his mother in laws mothers house. After being here three months

an getting into cold weather, turned on the furnace (which is under

the home) under the bath tub. And found out the tub leaked

causing the microprocessor to burn out costing 350.00 to replace.

When the repairman went under there he found the drain pipe of

the tub was too short and had been duct taped!! I had this fixed

and once again the mcroprocessor burned out. The reason now

was when you stood in the tub, the drain leaked from the bowing of

the fiberglass. repair cost 287.00 new microprocessor and tub

repair 289.00 !!!! Then the water system started backing up due to

roots in mainline costing 310.00 to clear with no warrentee

because the mainline from home is lower at the connecting site to

city line!!! I was told this would cost thousands to repair. Do i have

any recourse with the seller or will the city repair that connection?

The only recomendation from the previouse owners son in law

prior to these problems was to make sure I use root kill in the toilet

one a year.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search