Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

got hurt at work collecting comp would i b entitled to a settelment

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

You're not "entitled" to a settlement. You can reach an agreed settlement with the insurance company. There's a variety of factors that goes into the ins co's willingness to settle. Call if you have any more questions. Good luck!

James Monaghan Law Office of James V. Monaghan

Settlements occur in workers compensation cases when the injured worker gives up his or her right to ongoing wage and/or medical benefits in exchange for a lump sum of money. Whether or not the insurance company is interested in entering into such a deal depends on many factos including the extent of your disavbility, the status of your treatment, the expected length of disability and many other factors. You should contact a workers compensation attorney to discuss the particulars of your case and to give you an approximation of value. I have been handling workers compensation matters for 20 years and I have settled hundreds of cases. Please feel free to contact my office at 610-279-4300

Terrence Valko www.workerscomp.tv

Yes; you would be entitled to a settlement in the sense that you are already collecting compensation wage indemnification and medical benefits, and the insurance carrier is therefore motivated to remove your name from its list of recurring weekly financial obligations.

Good Luck

TV

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms