Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My roommate was cited this weekend for disorderly conduct. He was urinating in a shopping mall parking lot when an undercover LCB agent approached and cited him. The charge was disorderly conduct, in the note section the officer put "making an offensive gesture: public urination". I know LCB agents are tasked with liquor laws in PA and are sworn PSP officers, but I saw online that LCB officers can only enforce some sections of the crimes code. Does anyone know if they are tasked with and can legally enforce summary offenses such as this? My advice to him was just to pay the fine. I figured getting an attorney would cost more than the citation and I think the officer actually did him a favor by citing him with disorderly instead of urination.

Brian Zeiger Levin & Zeiger LLP

perhaps, plea not guilty, ask for a hearing, go to the hearing, see if the lcb agents shows up. just perhaps. brian@hlzlaw.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania