Pennsylvania  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/29/13, 1:39 pm

My father passed away and I am the only remaining joint tenant with right of survivorship. Because I was young when I was added to the deed, I cannot remember the attorney or the location of the property (I know it is in the Catskills). My father left an envelope for me with my step mother and she will not give it to me, she keeps putting me off.

Question #1. Is there a way for her to go after my property.

Question 2: Is there a way to find a copy of the deed without her help? I have tried to find it but without an address I am running into a brick wall.

Question #3: Is there a way to make her give me the envelope, I have witnesses that heard her say she had it and that my father wanted her to give it to me.

I am concerned because the property taxes, etc, may need some attention.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search