Pennsylvania  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/20/12, 10:27 am

Hello! My name is Lisa, I am a 50 year old female in Pennsylvania. I have been receiving Workman's Compensation for a year as of 11/11/12. I have recently received a letter from them wanting to settle so they can close my file. I am still seeing Doctors for this injury. The medical testing that was done on me, just recently, showed I received two bulging discs in my lower back and I have lost 75% of my nerve reaction in my left leg. I was told by the consulting Doctor that there is nothing that can be done to improve my condition. I have to live with the pain, discomfort and limitations for the rest of my life. They are offering me 1 year of compensation, which totals $13,623.48. I don't think so!! If I don't agree to this they will just continue to pay me bi-weekly. If I do agree, then they will pay me that amount and stop medical when they close my file. What I want to know is 1. Can/Should I handle this on my own? 2. Do I need legal representation? I feel I will never be able to hold a job that would pay me to even go, because I couldn't handle too many hours a day. I just dont know what to do about this. I do not agree to their terms at all. Help

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search