Pennsylvania  |  Workers Comp

Mileage for Doctor visits?

I hurt my back at work, Nov.06. I used the WC insurance company's choice of doctors for about 5 months. I had to drive 54 miles round trip. I changed to my choice of doctors , some visits are in the same area as their doctor, but 1 day of the week he has office hours in my town, I try to get them when I can. I asked my adjuster if they would pay me mileage, she stated that they don't unless it is over 80 miles round trip. They sent to an IME in July, it was 92 miles round trip and I did recieve reimbersment for mileage on that.

Another question is if there are no available appointments for the Dr or therapy after work hours, and you must leave work for the appnts, are you to be compensated for wage loss. I'm on sedentary light duty. I was recieving TPD payments for my wage losses before, now the adjuster said she thought it was due to my work having me go home early due to not having anything within my restrictions. This was happening alot but recently time loss was for appnts. that I went to for my injury. I would always try for the latest ones that I could get. My Pt is afterwork, as well as some of the Dr. appnts.The Aqua therapy (2x's/week), only have times of 11am, or 1pm. I took the later.