Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Rhode Island


As a divorced parent, is it possible to name someone other than the father as guardian in the event of my death. (if I feel he is unfit to care for the child)

Asked on 4/07/00, 2:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bernard Greenberg KOKISH & GOLDMANIS, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Guardianship/will

You may name who you like, but you cannot defeat the rights of the father to custody if his parental rights have not been terminated. Before proceeding, you should consult with a qualified estate and family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/00, 9:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Rhode Island

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now