Legal Question in Family Law in Russian Federation

can i still get back child support on my babys father...

If a false document was notorized about the non-costodial parent paying the costodial parent a lump sum of money -$15k for child support(which the non-costodial parent never really gave a cent), and this document never was court ordered, can the costodial parent fight/ contest it,and will both parties get introuble for signing a notorized document? I agreed to sign this document because he did not want his checks garnished (and to clear his credit because of the back child support) and he ''promised'' to pay me on the side. Will I still be able to get him for back child support? Also what if he takes off to Russia?

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: can i still get back child support on my babys father...

There is a legal principle called fraud in the inducement, which means that you signed the document relying on the false promises of your ex. You may be able to get a court to set that document aside and impose child support orders.

If he goes to Russia you will have a hard time collecting child support because of the difficulties associated with international law. If he has assets here, they can be attached to prevent their liquidation before he goes.

You may call for a free consultation. This answer is predicated on the facts as represented.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Russian Federation