Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

Failure to stop for a blue light

was stopped for DUI and failure to stop for a blue light. Spent the night in jail...paid the DUI ticket and accepted the suspension of license. Did not stop for blue light because I was intoxicated and did not see the lights until i was almost at my destination. Have been informed that i make too much money for a public defender. What is an inexpensive way to get out of this matter. Really would like to have it dropped b/c i feel like i didnt do anything wrong other than the DUI which i paid for.

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: Failure to stop for a blue light

Lawyers charge different amounts depending on how much work they will have to do on a case and how complicated the case will be. This is not a complicated case. You may qualify for one of the alternative programs to prosecution such as Pretrail Intervention, depending on a couple things. That might make hiring a lawyer cheaper. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Robert Johnston LawyerSC@aol.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina