Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

personal rights

On 1/31 I took a medication never taken before. Evidently had allergic reac to it, while @ work. Employer thought I was drunk and called police. I informed her I had taken medication. I told her I would go home, by that time, the police were there. I informed them I had taken meds and hadnt been drinking. I was arrested for public drunkness. while in custody I was never given med attn and was also beaten. I am bruised from head to toe and have pictures.also md documentation.after the beating I was transported to hospital. I am not sure of diagnosis but will be getting records. I was released from ER @ appx 0230 am. Is there anything that I can legally do about this? I also found out after the fact, that the med I had taken had codeine in it. I am allergic to codeine.The prescibing dr did know of my allergy.

Asked on 2/08/08, 10:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Elizabeth Hyatt E.H. Robinson Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: personal rights

You probably have a defense, and you might have a lawsuit. You need to contact an attorney.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/08/08, 10:07 pm
Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: personal rights

Who beat you and why?

Read more
Answered on 2/08/08, 10:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now