Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I lost custody because of a mental illness...

In November of 2000, I had a nervous breakdown due to my ignorance of bi-polar/manic depression. Trusting my ex-husband,{like an idiot}, I called him asking for help with our 3 children while I received proper medical treatment. In less than 10 days he filed an emergency ex parte for sole custody, claiming mental incompetence, drug abuse, and many other untruths. I have been taking the proper medications and seeing a psychiatrist and a counselor every month for 18 months now and I still am unable to see them on a regular basis because of their father. I need legal help desperately-I want my children back home.

P.S.-Before this, I had custody for six years with no interference or accusations before.

Thank You

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: I lost custody because of a mental illness...

First of all, I am sorry for your situation. As to the information you gave, that's really all you did. This is a question and answer forum and you never asked a question. I'm not really sure what to tell you, since I don't know what it is you do not know or understand. You are welcome to post a question(s) or call if you wish to discuss it. Robert Johnston (843) 828-1137

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina