Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I lost custody because of a mental illness...

In November of 2000, I had a nervous breakdown due to my ignorance of bi-polar/manic depression. Trusting my ex-husband,{like an idiot}, I called him asking for help with our 3 children while I received proper medical treatment. In less than 10 days he filed an emergency ex parte for sole custody, claiming mental incompetence, drug abuse, and many other untruths. I have been taking the proper medications and seeing a psychiatrist and a counselor every month for 18 months now and I still am unable to see them on a regular basis because of their father. I need legal help desperately-I want my children back home.

P.S.-Before this, I had custody for six years with no interference or accusations before.

Thank You

Asked on 4/15/02, 3:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: I lost custody because of a mental illness...

First of all, I am sorry for your situation. As to the information you gave, that's really all you did. This is a question and answer forum and you never asked a question. I'm not really sure what to tell you, since I don't know what it is you do not know or understand. You are welcome to post a question(s) or call if you wish to discuss it. Robert Johnston (843) 828-1137

Read more
Answered on 4/15/02, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now