Legal Question in Personal Injury in South Carolina

A settlement was reached but had not paid out in a wrongful death suit and one of the beneficiaries died.Will her portion of the settlement go to the remaining beneficiary or to her own heirs?

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

I'm afraid that I do not completely understand who is who. Usually the beneficiaries in a Wrongful Death suit and the heirs are one and the same. For example. If a husband died in a wrongful death suit, the wife would be the heir. She would also ususally be the one that brings the suit. However, it all depends. She could pass and a parent or a child of the father could bring the suit. I know this can all be confusing. If you email me, remind me that you are following up on a LawGuru question, and tell me if the deceased was married, had any children, any parents, and who the beneficiaries are/were, then maybe I can help. Also, please tell me what type of accident this was.

Thank you

Robert J. Johnston

Email: LawyerSC@aol.com

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in South Carolina