Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in South Dakota

How do I file a request for work furlow for my husband who is in jail.

My husband is currently doing 6 mos for working as a contractor without an excise tax license. He will be out 10/16/2004, but our financial state will be unrepairable by then. I need to know how I can file a request for him to get out on work furlow, so he can at least work every day.

Asked on 8/05/04, 10:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Sumner Sumner Law Office, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How do I file a request for work furlow for my husband who is in jail.

You will need to get an Order from the court allowing his jail time to include work release. Whether to allow a person in jail work release is discretionary with the court. If your husband had a court service worker who did a pre-sentence investigation on him, the first place to start would be with the court service workers to see if they would recommend it to the court. Absent that your husband needs to make an application or motion to the court for work release and then make a court appearance before the judge to seek a modification of his sentence to include work release.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/04, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 147

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in South Dakota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now