Legal Question in Criminal Law in Tennessee

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor

In Tennessee if a person pleads guilty to one charge of Contributing to the delinquency of a minor while two other Contributing to the delinquency of a minor charges are dismissed and pays the fine and completes the probation can these records be expunged at a later date? (either or both the conviction and dismissed) Also, what is the punishment in Tennessee? (Class A misdemeanor?) If compared to Texas or California what would a Tennessee class A misdemeanor Contributing to the delinquency of a minor be (misdemeanor or felony) in these two other states? (CA & TX)This occurred in 1994.

Victor Hobbs Victor E. Hobbs

Re: Contributing to the delinquency of a minor

If it was a misdemeanor in the state in which it was commited. Than that's what it is in Texas and California. That's my professional opinion. I'm licensed to practice law in California. There was an issue a few years ago about Federal Criminal Statutes. And if a state misdemeanor is a Federal felony. This had to do with gun laws. And a felons right to own guns.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Tennessee