Tennessee  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/20/07, 8:03 pm

How do I get a public defender

My son is indigent and cannot afford an attorney to represent him on drug possession and conspiracy charges. When he went to the preliminary hearing, the judge told him he had enough time to find a lawyer already. He set the next court date in September. This is in a rural county near Chattanooga. Shouldn't he have appointed an attorney for him at the preliminary hearing? How does he get one now?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search