Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

Is it legal for my 17 year old son to move out after graduation?

My 17 year old son will be graduating May 2005. He wishes to move out after graduation night. He will not be 18 until August 2005. He is also on probation for underage consumption of alcohol. Will it be legal for him to move out before he turns 18? I have no objections to him doing so; however, I don't want to be legally responsible for his actions once he does so.

Asked on 2/28/05, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Autry Jones Jones & Landers, Attorneys At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Is it legal for my 17 year old son to move out after graduation?

Yes your son can move out. But, before he does, take him back behind the house and whup, yes whup the mess out of him. And if he threatens to tell anyone, whup the mess out of him again. Then . . . tell him you have no objection to him filing a petition for emancipation. If the judge finds there is merit in request for emancipation, he/she will grant it and he will be responsible from that point on for his own actions.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/05, 9:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now