Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Tennessee

I have filed a suit in small claims court against a friend who owes me a considerable amount of money and refuses to repay it. I sent a demand letter but got no response. Our case was continued at her request and the hearing was scheduled for today however she has asked for a continuance again. When the judge asked her attorney why we couldn't hear the case today her attorney stated she had a prior commitment. That commitment was playing in a golf tournament which I made sure the judge knew. Should that have been an acceptable excuse? She isn't taking this seriously and it is to me

John Barney Barney Law Firm

I take it the General Sessions judge continued the case again? I wouldn't think a golf tournament should be an acceptable excuse, but it is up to the judge's discretion.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Tennessee

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms