Tennessee  |  Intellectual Property

I may be served with a subpoena to give a deposition in a Trademark lawsuit against the pastor of my church as an outworking of limited discovery to find others in the church who may have helped in the violation. I do not wish to give any information regarding the church members or their activities, myself included, as I am morally opposed to the suit itself.

What are my rights under the 5th amendment in this situation, if any? While it is a civil suit, the pastor has been found in contempt of court already. I suspect any other Church members who are discovered as a result of the deposition would be added likewise, so I am uncertain if this makes it a purely civil or criminal case for these purposes.

Also, I understand the Court orders my presence at the deposition, however is my participation and answering of all the questions also required by the Court? What are the repercussions if I show up, but refuse to answer?