Tennessee  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/26/10, 9:54 am

My two sons (21 & 23) inherited their father's house (w/o a will). The 21 y.o. lives in the house the 23 y.o does not. The 23 y.o. wants to sell, the 21 y.o. does not. I have POA over the 23 y.o. who is in the military in Okinawa and he wants me to sell the house. The 21 y.o. does not have a job or the funds to buy-out the 23 y.o.'s portion. The 23 y.o.'s funds are being depleted paying taxes, etc. on a house he does not occupy. Please advise me on how to proceed in selling the house? Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search