Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Tennessee

My stepmother keep me from my father until he passed this year,do I have birth rights as a paternel child to his estate

Asked on 12/04/11, 11:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Nevin Nevin Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As a son of the deceased, you are an heir to his estate. If their was a Will, then that Will is going to control the distribution of any property. If there was no Will, then the estate assets will pass to the heirs according to TN statute. Also, as an heir, you have the right to Petition the Probate Court to probate your father's estate if the stepmother is refusing to do so.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/11, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now