Texas  |  Consumer Law

I signed a lease agreement but after learning more about the apartment I told the leasing agent I would like to cancel and not continue with moving in. I paid her the application fee of $160. My husband did not sign the lease agreement (jt app), I didn't pay any deposit or rents. I didn't get any keys or copies of anything as I told the agent I do not want to proceed. (We were led to believe that certain things were included in the monthly rent and after signing addendums to the contract it stated it was all separate).

I received a call today from office manager saying I was late and If I didn't pay my deposit and rent I would be turned over to collections.

I signed 2 days ago- cancelled before I left the office, husband didn't sign the jt lease, I didn't get any keys nor have I provided my payments (other than the standard app fee)or the paystubs they wanted. Am I stuck in this or are they scareing me?