Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

Unauthorized ACH Withdrawl

A customer at the bank I use set up automatic payment with AT & T. They inadvertently used my bank account # which is similar to there's. 3 withdrawls were made from my account. The bank will only return 2 stating that AT & T won't refund them because the transaction is too old. Whose responsibility is this ? It is my contention that the bank is responsible for not verifying the account name before allowing the withdrawls to be made. If AT & T won't refund, shouldn't the bank request restitution from the customer whose account should have been debited ?

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

Re: Unauthorized ACH Withdrawl

You will have to ask the bank's customer for restitution if they used the wrong number. If the bank entered the wrong number you may have a shot at the bank.

You are responsible for checking your account activity within 60 days from the date of your first statement that has the error.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas

Consumer Law Legal Forms