Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

A friend of mine just had a baby. The baby is now 1 month old. This friend is on probation for a felony forgery charge and hasn't paid her fees or checked in with her probation officer for awhile and now there is a warrant for her arrest. We called and found out there is no bail set. This friend wants to turn herself in, however she does not want to be away from her baby during a long jail sentence. What are her options? Will a judge take into consideration that she has this new baby who needs her mother?

Asked on 9/18/13, 1:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She needs to hire a lawyer who will know more about the judge and the judge's practices. It is better to turn herself in than to get arrested.

The options are to reinstate her which is not likely as she is an absconder or to revoke her and send her to prison for the period the judge assess (with credit for whatever time she has already served.)

Read more
Answered on 9/21/13, 9:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now