Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/14/11, 12:38 pm

I am going to trial on a misdemeanor assault with bodily injury. The D.A.is getting a certified copy of my records from the state of Tennessee to use in my trial. The plaintiff in the case has a prior conviction for assault on a public servant in houston,Texas. My court appointed Attorney says the only way I can bring this up is if I go to houston from Amarillo ( 1000 miles) in person and get a stamped certified copy of his record. Does the state have to do the same and if not how can they deny me access to the same evidence (pertaining to his credibility) that they are planning to use to convict and sentence me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search