Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/01, 9:03 pm

adopting niece and nephew from deadbeat mom

My sister in law is a deadbeat mom. She has 2 kids by a man who is being tried for murder. She herself was almost thrown in jail for drugs last week. She has no job and no way of paying the bills. Her gas and water have been turned off because she couldn't pay the bills. We would like to adopt the kids either temporarily while she gets her act together or permanently. We don't think she will consent but are afraid that if we call Child Protective Services they will be placed in an orphanage or in a foster home and we don't want that. We want them with us. What do we do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search