Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I was divorced in 2008 and now remarried we are buying a house and since when they pulled my credit it has all names on it they needed my final divorce decree. I neverreally looked Over it but my name is Nicole Leigh and in all the papers it states Nicole Leah . Do I need to have it changed? Or does it really matter?

Asked on 8/19/13, 5:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It should not matter.

These things happen.

In the future, NEVER sign a legal document that you have not read! Hopefully, you have now learned something.

If you have to go to court and fix this, it's going to take a lot of time (& legal fees) for a typo.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 7:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now