Texas  |  Family Law

I've been married 23 yrs this past June. My husband had a drinking problem then drug problem. We separated 3 times ad I filled 1 1/2 times, but didn't go thru it. He used my co-dependency against me. To handle the stress I ate (plus stress at work) which ended up causing me to have to retire from the state early and take a very lower retirement. We owe (haven't paid off yet) a house with my sister (she owns half). Around 1 yr ago or less he start a relationship via the computer. That caused problems but ended up him swearing never to do it again. Well yesterday I caught him placing an ad on Craigslist to hook up with a woman. He also signed up for a site or MILFs. To add to the problem we had to file bankruptcy (CH 13), $800 a month for 5 yrs, we just finished paying our 1st year. One last thing I received an inherence from my parents.

My question is should I file for separation first and what would that do?

Is there anyway I can keep him from getting half of my retirement?

What would we have to do about the bankruptcy?

How much I'm I looking at having to pay?

What happens if I don't do anything?