Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I was served with temporary custody orders to appear may 24th 2013 in a court 5 hours away,I have had my child with me for nearly 5 years,what are my options?

Asked on 5/20/13, 2:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Stephen Hamer Hamer Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I do not know the specifics of your present situation (court orders etc.), but the best advice is get a good local family law attorney (local to the court that you are supposed to appear in). Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 2:35 pm
Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Stephen. There are several reasons you could be required to appear in this distant court and you need to discuss them with somebody on the ground.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now