Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I am being evicted by my father, I have been living here for right at 5 years and am wondering if there is anything I can do to delay this eviction since he is not asking for any rent, the only agreement was I can stay here as long as I have a job, I asked him to give me til the end of the year b/c I dont have anywhere to go or any place to put my things...any advice would be greatly appreciated!! thank you

Asked on 11/15/12, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are probably a tenant at will, in which case he has the right to evict you.

I assume that you are not a minor.

You should start looking for a place to live.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/12, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now