Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Tripping and Falling

Can you sue if you trip and fall in an uncovered drain on the street?

Asked on 8/11/08, 3:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Tripping and Falling

If it is a public street or even if it is a private one, you need to consult with an attorney about whether you have a viable claim. The consultation should be free. Without an attorney, a public entity will likely be unwilling to compensate you. Further, you can lose your right to bring a claim if you do not take proper steps within 180 days of your fall.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/08, 10:44 am
Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Tripping and Falling

Based on what you have written, if the street was a public or private roadway, there may be a possibility for a claim. You should seek the assistance of a local law firm to assist you is determining whether the injuries are compensable. Generally, owners of roadways are less than likely to compensate injured parties without representation. If my local law firm can assist you with this legal issue or any other legal matter, please contact my legal assistant Jennifer ([email protected]) to arrange for a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/08, 11:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now