Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My father died several years ago and my mother survived him...there was a will that basically passed everything to my mom at that time...she is still living and she wants to sell her home...we have an offer and contract and have been told that she cannot legally sell her home unless the will was probated and registered at the time of his death...what do we need to do?

Asked on 5/19/10, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

How many years ago did your father die? If it's within four years, you can probate the will as a muniment of title (assuming there are no other debts.) If it's beyond four years, there are some other procedures we can do.


Please see my disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now