Legal Question in Administrative Law in Utah

In the course of paying a speeding ticket, the person that I was told I had to talk to at the court house to me that my city didn't offer any type of traffic school or any type of recourse to remove or reduce points, she said I either pay or make a court date if I had sufficient evidence that the city was wrong in giving me a ticket. After paying the ticket I was talking to some people and they all agreed that the city did in fact offer traffic school, as they had all taken it. I went back to the courthouse and it was confirmed that the city offered it, but since I had already paid, that I technically had already plead guilty and I had no recourse in this matter. I live in St. George, Utah, and am only 20 years old, and the law here says that anyone under 21 who has 70 points has to have a hearing about having their license suspended/revoked. That one ticket gave me 35 points. What are my options?

Asked on 9/25/13, 8:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go back to the judge and ask the judge to set aside the conviction on the basis of mistake, and allow you to take driving school.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 8:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now