Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Utah

Quiet title

What is a quiet title and how much problem to get? I bought a property on contract and now find the title is in the name of an owner who died but did not list it in his probate, which means it was probably paid off but no warranty deed was issued to the person I paid the mortgage to. Title company told me no problems when I bought but never gave me a commitment for title insurance to review before I bought it. The whole deal was closed in one day at the title company and I was told the restrictions would all take care of themselves after I paid loan off. Now loan is paid and I can't get clear title. Please help me.

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: Quiet title

A quiet title lawsuit asks the court to grant clear title in the name of the petitioner. Because the deceased owner did not go through probate, you will have to do the lawsuit to get title in your name. You are welcome to call for a free consultation.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Utah