Legal Question in Tax Law in Utah

I recently setup a Nonprofit corporation to raise money for a family member who has cancer thru some fundraisers.

We are not a 501c.

i want to make sure that any donations we recieve to the nonprofit are not taxable to the nonprofit as well how can we disperse the donations so they are not considered income and become taxable?


Asked on 6/19/13, 7:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You must apply with the IRS for 501(3)(c) status.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now