Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Do I Have a Right To A Divorce?

My husband and I have known each other for 17 years, been together for 10 years and been married for 6 years. We have an 8 year old daughter. We bought a house less than 3 years ago. I had a miscarriage last year. Two weeks ago I found out that I have HPV. I have been with only him for 10 years; Three years ago we were seperated and he has (now) admitted to being with someone else during our seperation. He knows because he lied to me that it's over. Can you please tell me what my options would be at this point?

Charles Homiller Jimison/Homiller, PLC

Re: Do I Have a Right To A Divorce?

No one has a "right" to a divorce, thought it certainly is one of your options. You might consider marriage counseling to address the numerous issues that your relationship is currently facing, especially for your daughter's sake.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia