Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

How do I find a lawyer to help counteract papers ( divorce and custody of our two young children) being filed by my husband when I am now jobless and have been detained in a behavioral med facility for 48 hours due to serious stress and conflict with the husband. I have no money and he has locked me out of our home and will not let me see our children. Is Legal Aid and option and how do I contact them. Thank you

Asked on 8/02/11, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tara Candela Tara Candela, RN, MSN, JD
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Many counties have free legal aid services for those who meet certain income guidelines, and some of those include assistance on domestic issues. Perhaps try contacting the Virginia Legal Aid Society at or call the lawline at 1-866-534-5243. If they do not serve your area, they may be able to guide you in the best direction.

Best wishes and don't forget to take good care of yourself.


Read more
Answered on 8/03/11, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now