Legal Question in Business Law in Virginia

Non Payment of Commission owed.

I am a licensed Travel agent, working for a Incorpaorated Travel Agency in Ohio. We have a written ''contract'' from a VA. wholeseller for a group of clients we are escorting to Europe which states the amount of commission I will receive is $5362.60. They sent a check payable to my company. for the exact amount, unfortunitely, they didn't sign it. When I asked for a replacement ''valid'' check, they told me that they decided to refund the amount of money I paid them for my travel with the group I was taking, and therefore credited my personal CC for $3982, and they didn't think they owe my company any additional amount. All demands have been ignored todate for full payment. Is the fact that they credited my personal cc without my authority legal? Again the money is owed to the company. Two, what steps should I take to collect the balance owed?

Asked on 11/14/08, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Flaherty James G. Flaherty Co., L.P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Non Payment of Commission owed.

You may be able to sue on the contract in Virginia but in any case, you could in Ohio. I would contact an attorney that does collection work in that city in Ohio as the travel agency is in Ohio. It sounds like refunding you your travel expenses may have been part of your deal? If so, that would not relieve them of paying your commission. If you owed them for your travel, they would still owe you the difference.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/08, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now