Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I was sent a garnishment notice, I went to the hearing the plaintiff did not show. I explained to the judge that it was a identity theft and I filed a motion to reconsider, I showed up for the hearing and the lawyer did show up this time and asked for a continuance. Outside of the court she tried to intimidate me by stating that I better have more Identity theft claims to provide her and that I need to send them to her to prove I was not lying. She said that she sees fake identity theft claims all the time. She stated that if I didn't provide her with more police reports this case was going to trial and would cost me a huge amount of money. I have always stated that this wasn't about the money but about what is right, I didn't not open or charge anything on the account I'm being sued for and I have always shown up and have done what I can to get this resolved. I don't qualify for any aid or free legal help because my income is just over the parameters for such help. at this time I am the only bread winner, my wife does not work because we are also having familial issues with the continuing search for our missing daughter. Any help at all would be much appreciated, the stress and grief we have at this moment has just made it so incredibly hard to concentrate on this. It isn't a large amount but its monies we could use to rehire a private investigator to help find our daughter. Thanks so much.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Don't be intimidated by the bullying attorney, but if you've been improperly

named as a defendant in the matter and another individual is in fact responsible,

you will need to bring credible and verifying evidence to court in support of your claim(s).

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms