Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia

hit by drunk driver

I was hit head on by a drunk driver.

My car was totaled and I had to be taken the hospital. I had minor injuries such as, whip lash, seat belt burns, bruises, etc. Can i seek legal action for pain and suffering?

Asked on 1/31/09, 2:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael McCarthy Guydon Love, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: hit by drunk driver

Absolutely. The 2 key issues in a case such as this is 1. Liability and 2. Damages. You appear to have both on your side. I highly recommend you call or email an experienced personal injury attorney in Northern Virginia, such as myself, for a free and confidential consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/09, 2:54 pm
Jonathon Moseley Moseley & Associates Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: hit by drunk driver

Yes, absolutely. But you will probably not get it without a lawsuit filed by an attorney. The insurance company will resist.

You can also get punitive damages if it is proven that the driver was drunk.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/09, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now