Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Blood Tests

My fiance and I live in NY, yet wish to get married in Virginia (where I am from). Do we need to get blood tests in VA, or can we do that in NY before the wedding? Also, what paperwork will we need to show in order to get a marriage license in Virginia?

Thank you.

Asked on 2/18/01, 5:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn R. Tankersley Regency Legal Clinic
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Blood Tests

You need about $30, probably some I.D. cards, specific information, e.g., birth dates, etc., and a willing victim who is of age, mentally competent and not being coerced or under duress.

Oh, yes, you need to use the license in Virginia within 60 days.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/01, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now