Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

how do i change custody of my child if i already have joint custody?

Asked on 9/27/11, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You petition the court for a modification of the current order to award you the kind of custody that you wish to have such as sole rather than joint, but

you should bear in mind that there normally must be a justifying material change in the relevant facts of the case in order for the court to act favorably on your petition.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/11, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now