Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/17/98, 10:40 pm

Custodial interference

My parents have my son, and they refuse to return him to me. They do not have a court order, or any type of custody/ legal guardianship of him. I have talked to the local juvenile intake officer, and she said that I need to file a petition for custody of my own son. My parents have threatened me not to come on their property- violent threats- and I cannot go and get my son. My husband is in the Military, and we went overseas to Hawaii for 6 months. Because my husband is not the biological father, he was unable to get my son command sponsored in order for him to come w/ us. My parents were taking care of my son until we either returned or got command sponsorship. When we returned , my parents refused to give him back to me- saying that I gave him up. What are my rights?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search