Virginia  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/28/12, 8:30 am

In 2006 my mother-in-law at the time promised to buy a house for my husband at the time and I, so I could move back to my hometown so my son (her grandson) could graduate with his friends. I explained I would have to quit my job and did not want to do this unless she was positive she was going to do this. She said she was. 3 months later, after I gave notice to the apartment and my job I was leaving, she called me to tell me she decided not to do this. I had to move back home to a rental with my husband and within 30 days he kicked me out. I have never earned the salary I was making since then and have not been able to afford to rent a place of my own. I live with my mother now. Two years after we divorced she purchased a 150000 house for her son, that he lives in and she has it in her name. Can I sue her for damages?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search