Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Mr. LawGuru,

My Grandmother died intestate. My grandmother owned 18 acres of land in Virginia. My grandmother had 12 children, in which my mother was one of the children. My mother died instestate (in 1970) before my grandmother (grandmother, original owner of land) died about six months after my mother). My mother had 9 children and was married to my father at the time of her death. My father remarried about 20 years after my mother died. My father died in 2006. My father also died intestate. My father's wife (my stepmother) is still living, and 7 of my siblings are still living.

I would like to know how is my mother's (biological/descendent) portion of the heir land divided up. Is my father's wife (my stepmother) entitled to any of my mother's(biological/descendent) land. Do all of my biological mother's land go to me and my siblings? Would any portion of my biological mother's (heir from grandmother) land had gone to my father and then to his new wife (my stepmother) upon my father's death intestate?

PLEAS HELP!