Virginia  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/16/04, 8:22 pm

Reopen Workers' Compensation (Lifetime Award-Back Injury)

I injured my lower back in 1991 and was awarded lifetime medical benefits for my back. I no longer work for this company. Since then I was involved in a car accident in 1996 and again in 1998 but I never contacted Workmens' Comp. Adm. I was employed by different employers at the time. The accident of 1998 was when I was delivering computer tapes to the warehouse and my employer denied Workmen Comp. was involved. Workers' Comp didn't except the claim to my recallection. To be honest I had forgotten about my previous award of lifetime medical for my back until recently. I have been having leg pain and lower back pain. It is getting so bad I can hardly concentrate at work. I saw my present employer pcp and he prescribed me with antiflamitory and pain medication. It has almost run out. I called workers' Comp. Adm. and received the contact information for the doctors they suggest and have an appointment for Dec. 22, 2004. Is it too late to acivate this under my first workers' comp. claim? What am I entitled to? May I reclaim past benefits that were not provided? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Waynesboro, Virginia

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search