Legal Question in DUI Law in Washington

I was arrested for a dui. I had a evaluations done and showed it to the court. the dui was reduce to driving neg. put on two years probation and take a 8 hours A/DIS class and a 1 hour Victims Impact Panel class. I had 90 days to do so. the probation dep. started to call the place that I had the evaluation done and had it change to a 3 month outpatient treatment program. they were not release any information to anybody but to my attorney. I went back to court to show that I completed the classes and they did not say anything about the new evaluation or the 3 month treatment, but the probation is telling I have too.

Stan Glisson Glisson, Witt & Altman

Did you talk to the lawyer who represented you? There may be a legitimate reason for why the recommendation was changed. In most courts, you are going to be stuck with the 'new' recommendation. In theory, you could go to a new agency and get a second opinion, but many courts are reluctant to accept second opinions.

You may have a civil claim against the treatment agency for violating your privacy, if you did not sign a release to the court.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Washington