Washington  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/13/05, 6:50 pm

Can Foster Child get married

My daughter got married at age 16 with my permission. The next day, at the dependency hearing, the judge charged me with contempt of court. My parental rights have NOT been terminated. The social worker, Catholic Family Services and the family therapist were all aware of my daughter desire to get married.

Can I be charged with contempt of court? Can the court order me to nullify the marriage?

Thank you for your help.

--name removed--Wurdeman

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search