Washington  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/03, 7:50 am

My Parental rights were terminated without my knowledge

My ex husband and his new wife moved out of state and cut off all contact with the family. They took my daughter without notice to me and now I found out my ex's new wife adopted my daughter, my rights were terminated, my daughter's birth certificate was changed and now I'm only paying child support for 2800.00 back support that I owed. I was not contacted at the time any of this took place.I was never given the whereabouts of my daughter. I was able to be contacted at any time due to the fact that my family has lived in the same place for 25 years and knew my whereabouts and I was paying child support so, DCS knew my address also. What can I do to find out my legal rights, if any?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search