Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Hello, I reside in Washington State and her is my concern; today is my daughters birthday it also happens to be her fathers mid-week visit (4:30-7:30). Our divorce papers state that special occasions (9am - 6pm) are to take priority. It is her fathers year for her birthday so I understand he is to have her until 6pm, is he also entitled to extend that time to 7:30 to include the mid week visit?

Sincerely,

Christina

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC

You are correct. He would get her through 7:30. Since his special occasion would expire at 6:00 but he was supposed to have her until 7:30 as part of his mid-week, I'd say he gets the extra 90 minutes.

Long term, you may want to amend that parenting plan a bit to say what happens in the event it was not his year to have her on her birthday. Would he then get her for a 90 minute mid-week visit? He'd probably say yes, but that does not seem like a great idea to me, when looking at it from a kids' perspective.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington