Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Hello, I reside in Washington State and her is my concern; today is my daughters birthday it also happens to be her fathers mid-week visit (4:30-7:30). Our divorce papers state that special occasions (9am - 6pm) are to take priority. It is her fathers year for her birthday so I understand he is to have her until 6pm, is he also entitled to extend that time to 7:30 to include the mid week visit?



Asked on 7/07/10, 11:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are correct. He would get her through 7:30. Since his special occasion would expire at 6:00 but he was supposed to have her until 7:30 as part of his mid-week, I'd say he gets the extra 90 minutes.

Long term, you may want to amend that parenting plan a bit to say what happens in the event it was not his year to have her on her birthday. Would he then get her for a 90 minute mid-week visit? He'd probably say yes, but that does not seem like a great idea to me, when looking at it from a kids' perspective.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/10, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now